- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- whipped cream and sugared cranberries – optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine graham crackers, butter and sugar. Pat into the bottom and 1 inch up the side of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill
- Beat cream cheese, eggs and lemon juice on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet with a tray of water on the rack below. Bake 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- For topping, combine sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream and/or Sugared Cranberries