- 3 tablespoons warm milk (I use goat milk)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese (homemade ricotta cheese recipe coming soon!)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour (I’ve been using Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast/bread machine yeast
- Make sure the milk is not too, hot – around 100 degrees is good. Add the ingredients into the bread machine in the order recommended in the instruction manual. Generally, this is wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients – flour is second to last. Make a little dent in the flour and pour the yeast in the hole. (Pictured)
- Select 1.5 lb loaf and desired crust color – I go for light crust. Press start.
- When finished remove the bread pan with oven mitts and let cool. Use a spatula to loosen the bread from the pan. Tip the pan upside down and shake the bread out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
This bread is so fluffy and delicious. I like to dip it in oil and Italian seasonings. I eat it with soup. I also love putting goat butter on it.