- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups shanghai or baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package frozen mini pork or chicken wontons (I used pork and vegetable)
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped (This is usually in the produce section)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium high heat. Add bok choy and carrot and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender, stir occasionally. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in wontons, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in kimchi and soy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is nice because it is quick and easy and has minimal ingredients (great for a weeknight), but still has a lot of flavor. I never eat just a cup of soup. I have a heaping bowl! If that is you as well, I would double the recipe if you want to have it throughout the week or for lunches. As is, my husband and I each had a bowl for dinner and then I had a bowl for lunch.