- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, or more to taste
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with a handheld mixer on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs. Beat until smooth. Add ricotta and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Sift flour and baking powder into bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop cookies in heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches between cookies. Bake, rotating the trays from top to bottom halfway through, until cookies are puffed and golden at the edges, about 18 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust cookies with confectioner’s sugar before serving if desired.
I got this recipe from the newspaper! A lady named Lidia Bastianich.
I had to take these out right at 18 minutes. Any longer and the bottoms started browning. I also thought the suggested amount of mini chocolate chips was perfect.