- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on a long angle
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- decorative flowers, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a sheet pan. Place carrots on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle with coriander, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread in an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, stir to redistribute. Continue roasting 15-20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes. Look for caramelized edges and tender carrots.
Make sure you use pure, quality maple syrup. The generic stuff just burns.