In these pictures I used jackfruit.
- 4 medium multicolored peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken, or jackfruit
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Brush all sides of bell peppers with oil. Arrange cut sides down. Bake until slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken or jackfruit, yogurt, mozzarella, hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne and 2 tablespoons scallions in a large bowl.
- Remove peppers from oven, pour off remaining juices. Flip peppers. Spoon chicken/jackfruit mixture evenly into peppers (about 1/3 cup each). Bake until tender and heated through, about 15 minutes. Drizzle with dressing and scallions.