- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- orange zest of 2 tangerines
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tangerines
- powdered sugar
- In a bowl mix eggs and sugar. Add zest, oil, milk and yogurt. Mix well. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Cut tangerines into halves. Sprinkle the bottom of muffin tins with sugar. Place the tangerines, cut side down, into muffin tins. Pour mixture over each tangerine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I was surprised that these turned out pretty good. I used the little, seedless halo tangerines. These muffins are not very sweet at all. Great as a breakfast muffin. I also made a gluten free version for my gluten intolerant co-worker. I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour.
My mom said these taste like Christmas. hehe